martedì 31 agosto 2010

Do it Yourself Shoes

Sorry for the long absence...
After presenting myself in this post I wanna show you what I DO: I am a fashion designer, mainly an accessories designer. I adore the materials used to create shoes and bags, I believe leather provides you with great inspiration!
I created these 2 pairs of shoes as the final project for my studies in Fashion design at the NABA, in Milan.
They were created and handcrafted completely at home, without the use of machines, and it's because of this that I wrote a handbook called "Do it Yourself Shoes". Inside this book I show and explain this new technique, created completely by myself and dictated by my personal experience in the handcrafting world. I made it simpler and I revisited some traditional operations.

In the pictures you can see the shoes I created and some abstracts from the handbook.
(I will post soon an English and Spanish abstract of the handbook).

What do you think about it all?
Feel free to comment and drop me a line if you would like to see more of the handbook!

Thank you!

my shoes2

shoes 1

shoes2_

shoes1_

shoemaking

part of my manual "DIY SHOES":

DIY SHOES BOOK2

DIY SHOES BOOK3

7 commenti:

  1. loving everything about this
    you've got a really great blog
    i'll be back for sure, thanks for sharing
    come visit the dreamy world of COSMICaroline!

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina
  2. Ciao Cecilia

    are you making shoes now ?? nice, I'd love to see your newest item. and if you like fish skin then here is a factory in Iceland selling all kinds of fish skin: www.atlanticleather.is

    RispondiElimina
  3. Thank u Signy!..you're so kind!
    <3 <3

    RispondiElimina
  4. wwwwwwwwwwoooooooooowwwwooooowwwwoo

    RispondiElimina
  5. Those shoes are dooope, especially the black and red ones. Good job!

    windowshop78.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina
  6. geniaal! queremos ver el libro y todo lo que hagas! :)
    te sigo desde ya!
    saludos desde Barcelona

    RispondiElimina
  7. I want to see you book.
    Bjs de Africa

    RispondiElimina